Interview with The Bachelor's Sean Lowe!

The new season of The Bachelor begins January 7th and Bachelor fans anxiously await to see if Sean Lowe has found love. In this NEW media interview with Sean Lowe, our new Bachelor talks about Emily Maynard's split from Jef Holm and finding love on reality TV. Here's what Sean had to say....

What were you thinking when the first limo pulled up? 
Sean Lowe: It was such an anxious, exciting feeling.  I really can't put into words but I had no idea who was going to step out of the limo and so it's kind of scary, but exciting and fun at the same time.

When Emily announced her split from Jef, did you ever consider reaching out to her?
Sean Lowe:  Even before I decided to do The Bachelor, I knew that Emily wasn't the one for me, and that became clear over time and, while I certainly wish her the best and I want nothing but good things for her, I know she's not the one for me. I'm sorry it didn't work out with Jef because I know he's a good guy, and I really like Emily as well. I certainly hope for happiness with her in the future.
 
Did you find love during your season on The Bachelor? Are you engaged? 
Sean Lowe: What I can say is, I had really no idea that I would become so attached and emotionally invested into multiple women.  I've heard on seasons past, it's possible to develop feelings for multiple women, and I've always thought, that would be so hard to do, but in this situation, it can happen and it did happen.  And, I think you'll see those relationships play out as the season airs.

What can Bachelor fans expect out of the 26 women this season?
Sean Lowe: Bachelor producers did an excellent job (of selecting the women), and I told them before I accepted their invitation to be the bachelor that I obviously want girls that are well-suited for me. My experience on The Bachelorette, I got to know the producers really well, and I think they got a sense of who I am.  I was blown away by just the amount of wonderful women that we had this season. They are smart, well-accomplished, funny, and I think you'll see that causes internal problems for me as the season progresses because I get to a point where I think, "Wow, I've got so many wonderful women, I don't know what I'm going to do.  I don't know how I'm going to sort this out."  So, yes, I was very happy with the selection of women and, forgive me, I forgot the first part of that question.
 
What do you look for in a wife? 
Sean Lowe: I really wanted to find my best friend. Someone that I can really see myself spending every day with and just enjoying being with them and being their partner for life. I was looking for someone who was smart, you know, a woman's intellect is probably the sexiest thing for me.  And, then, I wanted someone who was funny with a good heart. Someone who is genuine and caring and loving and possesses all the qualities that you would want in a wife.

Do you want to have children? 
Sean Lowe: Yeah, of course, I want a family. I obviously value family very much but I could take my time with having kids. So when I get married, ideally, I think I would like to give it a couple years so that I can just enjoy being with my wife before we start having kids and introducing children to the family.  But, obviously, as you saw with Emily, I would be prepared to take on that situation right now if I needed to.
 
Did you break any rules on your season of The Bachelor? 
Sean Lowe: You know, I've never been one to really conform to rules that are set, so you're going to see me break quite a few rules, and I did The Bachelor for a specific reason.  It was to find the love of my life, and I feel like there were certain points in the season where I couldn't follow the rules.  I had to follow my heart as opposed to the rules, and so I think you're going to see me breaking quite a few rules this season.

For all your Bachelor gossip, follow us on Twitter @LiveBachelor!


No comments: